Teeth Whitening—Arlington, TX
Light Up Every Room
Are you spending a little more time looking at yourself in the mirror these days because your teeth aren’t a shade you’re happy with? This can happen for many reasons—aging, smoking, and darkly-pigmented foods and drinks are all common culprits behind dental staining. But teeth whitening in Arlington from We Smile of Arlington can quickly brighten your smile in as little as an hour, giving you results you can trust to last for years to come. It’s the quickest, easiest, and most affordable way to uplift your appearance available today.
Who is a Good Candidate for Teeth Whitening?
Professional teeth whitening is perfect for patients who have yellowish or brownish enamel or who want their smile to “pop” at an upcoming special event. However, if someone has greyish or blueish stains, or if they’re dealing with an active cavity or other dental problem, these will require a treatment other than whitening to address. Thankfully, we can use all-porcelain crowns to cover teeth that can’t respond to whitening.
How Does Teeth Whitening Work?
We use the Zoom! in-office system, and the way it works is very straightforward:
- First, we apply a protective barrier to your lips and gums to prevent the bleaching agent from getting on them.
- After cleaning them, a highly concentrated whitening gel (several times stronger than anything you’ll find in stores) is painted onto the teeth.
- We leave it on for about 15-20 minutes, during which it will literally break the bonds that hold stains together, making them disappear.
- To speed up and improve this process, we’ll shine a special UV light on your teeth.
- Lastly, we’ll wipe away the gel and ask if you’re happy with your new shade. If you want to go lighter, we can just reapply and start the process over.
Most patients only require about two to three applications before they have that mega-watt smile that instantly grabs people’s attention. This means the entire procedure often takes less than an hour, making it a perfect lunchtime option for those with busy schedules.
Tips for Maintaining Your Brighter Smile
The results of whitening can be trusted to last for years if you follow a few simple steps:
- For the first few days after whitening, avoid consuming richly pigmented foods and drinks (wine, coffee, soda, etc.).
- Prevent future staining by brushing and flossing every day.
- If you smoke or vape, try your best to quit.
- Come see us for regular checkups—professional cleanings stop stains before they happen!