Cosmetic Dental Bonding – Arlington, TX
A Cover-Up for Small Smile Flaws
To be honest, not every dental imperfection is a big one. Some are rather subtle and low-profile – think “minor stain” instead of “dark brown smile.” Such small flaws are best fixed with an understated method. Fortunately, there is one such method: cosmetic dental bonding. This option uses a light touch to hide your grin’s downsides. Best of all, We Smile Dental of Arlington can provide it to you. Keep reading to learn more, or book a consultation today!
What is Cosmetic Dental Bonding?
In essence, cosmetic dental bonding is a service for small smile flaws. It covers a tooth’s distorted areas with tooth-colored composite resin. As a result, it hides minor stains, chips, and cracks from view.
Generally, cosmetic dental bonding takes a single dental visit. (There are cases, however, where extensive tooth damage requires several sessions.) Dr. Atluri simply applies the resin to your tooth (or teeth) and then sculpts it before exposing it to UV light. From there, the treated area should blend quite well with its surroundings.
Who is a Good Candidate for Cosmetic Dental Bonding?
Overall, nearly any dental patient can get cosmetic dental bonding. Qualifying for treatment doesn’t have many requirements. That said, ideal candidates only have mild tooth flaws. To that extent, patients most benefit when they have problems like:
- Minor tooth chips or cracks
- Small tooth gaps
- Teeth with moderate to severe stains
- Oddly-shaped teeth
- Teeth that are short or “stubby”
Of course, you’ll want to see Dr. Atluri to confirm your candidacy. She’ll perform an oral exam to verify if cosmetic dental bonding suits you. In case it does, she can then proceed and draft a personalized treatment plan.
The Benefits of Cosmetic Dental Bonding
After you receive cosmetic direct bonding, you’ll enjoy many perks. The most common ones include the following:
- Quick & Easy Treatment – The bonding process isn’t invasive, so it won’t alter your tooth structure. Plus, it’s pain-free and only takes one dental visit.
- Versatile Results – Composite resin can cover the whole fronts of your teeth. For that reason, cosmetic dental bonding can fix a wide range of flaws.
- Simple Aftercare – It’s not hard to maintain a bonding treatment’s results. You just need to brush twice daily, floss once daily, and rinse with mouthwash. By sticking to these habits, your results should last several years.
- Cost-Effectiveness – Cosmetic dental bonding delivers great results at a relatively low cost. In other words, it’s a cost-effective procedure for your smile!